At present, we are a group of four schools in the Diocese of Arundel and Brighton who have come together to work collaboratively for the benefit of all the children we serve. Catholic schools across Sussex and the wider Diocese have a long tradition of working together to celebrate and share best practice, improving the life-chances of the wonderful children entrusted to our care.
The aim of the Bosco Catholic Education Trust is to provide an education which is ‘second-to-none’ for all children within Sussex. We seek to further enhance and strengthen the partnerships between our Catholic family of schools and to preserve and protect all that we value and cherish in our schools. As it was for St John Bosco, our patron, our overriding priority is that every child within our Trust is ‘known and loved’, feeling valued, nurtured and cherished for who are and having a sense of belonging to their school community.
Catholic schools aim to provide a holistic education, recognising that every child is made in the image and likeness of Christ. We work tirelessly to enable our children to fulfil their God-given potential, supporting their spiritual, moral, social, cultural and physical development as well as setting uncompromising standards for their academic excellence.
Being part of the family of schools and the Bosco CET brings significant benefits for example:
- We work together to recruit, train, develop and retain teachers, support staff and leaders;
- We share best practice and support one another with school improvement;
- We are able to enhance services previously lost to schools through Local Authority cuts (particularly around SEN), providing some centrally and more cost effectively;
- We have the flexibility to buy in services from our own chosen providers;
- We are able to share resources and expertise across all our schools;
- We work together closely and support each other to strengthen our Catholic schools
Every day is Open Day for us, so do please feel free to contact us to find out more, visit one of our schools or to work with us.
CEO - Bosco Catholic Education Trust